No products in the cart.
Persian Dates Review: Iranian date fruit are one of the most famous dates in the world. Iran shares about 20 percent (annual production of 1000000 metric tons from 218000 Ha) of the world date fruit production. and Iran is the second-largest producer dates in the world. (Dates fruit in Persian called: Khorma [خرما] )
- 1 Images for Persian dates
- 2 Types of Iranian Dates
- 3 Introduction of Iran Fresh Dates
- 4 Introduction of Iran Dried Dates
- 5 Comparison of Persian dates
- 6 Iranian Dates Benefits
- 7 Iranian dates production
- 8 Important points about date in Iran:
- 9 Ups and downs of production and export of Dates Fruit in Iran:
- 10 Manufacturing cities in the province
- 11 Import Dates From Iran
- 12 Export Iranian Dates Fruit
- 13 Question About Iranian Dates Fruit
- 14 People Also Ask
Images for Persian dates
|These five countries produced for 68% of the world’s total dates production.|
|The total production of date palm in the world is more than 6,000 tons of 422,000 tons.|
|The area under cultivation of date palm in the world is 1,190,476 hectare.|
|Date production by Dates Suppliers in the world between 1995 and 2004 was about 4.9 million tons.|
The main origin of the date plant is not well known. Some scholars consider the main origin of the date plant in Asia and the shores of the Persian Gulf, and another group considers the main habitat of the date palm to be North Africa or the Indian subcontinent. At present, dates are cultivated and exploited in all five continents of the world and in three countries.
You can use BasketBulk to See the best products of Iran and and “Buy WholeSale Dates” and also to know their prices.
In this article, we will introduce you to different types of Persian dates Fruit in Iran…
Types of Iranian Dates
Iranian Dates Name || Iranian Dates Varieties
The table below gives a general description of the types of Iranian date models, but if you want to buy any of the types of dates in bulk, click on the link to show the sellers of this product to you.
**[Click on the linked title to see more information, and to buy any type of date in wholesale] **
In some countries (such as India) this date is more commonly known as Kimia dates. This date is cultivated in Bam city in Kerman province, for this reason it is also called Bam Mazafati date (he mentioned “MOZAFATI” among other written forms). Of course, in Iran, dates are also called Rutab Mazafati Bam
Piarom Dates (another name is: Maryami dates)
Piarom dates is one of the most tasty and delicious semi-dried dates in Iran. Piarom there is in the southern city of Iran in Hajiabad!
Maryami is considered as the most expensive dates.
Zahidi Dates (Zahedi Dates)
Zahidi dates are found in two types of dry and wet tropical regions in Iran (Fars and Kerman provinces).
Zahedi is a dry fruit with yellow color to light brown and round in size.
Rabbi dates is a semi-dried date fruit. the date is relative sizes, black color and soft texture. this Date is productions of Sistan and Baluchestan province.
Lulu dates color are black-Brown. lulu Date is exported in two types of dried and semi-dried. Lulu Dates is cultivated in the south of Iran.
Sayer Dates (another name is: Stamaran date)
Sayer dates is cultivated in Khuzestan province. also, The Date that is called Saamaran ,Stamara, Samberun,
This Date has yellow color but the Date fruit at ripening stage is amber-colored and reddish-brown or dark–brown.
Kabkab Dates fruit is cultivated in Kazerun and Dashtestan cities (Borazjan).
its color turns into dark brown. The date Size is about 3.5 to 4 cm. kabkab date is very sweet. this date harvesting time is September.
Kali Dates (another name is: Kaliteh and Kaloute date)
Kali dates are very similar to the Mazafati. The special features of Kali date are low moisture.
Barhi Dates (or Barhee Dates)
Barhi dates is consumed in three types: Khalal (or kharak) , Rotab and Khorma, which are mostly consumed in the form of Rotab.
and other types:
Khasoei Dates – Shahani Dates
Introduction of Iran Fresh Dates
- Kimia date – Mazafati date
- shahani date
- Rutab Barhi date
Introduction of Iran Dried Dates
- Piarom date
- Kabkab date
- Rabbi date
- Zahidi date
- Sayer date
- Lulu date
Comparison of Persian dates
Video of Iranian Dates Hasrvestig:
Video of Manual harvesting and Packing of persian dates premium quality!
Iranian Dates Benefits
As you know, dates have wonderful benefits. (For further reading: benefits of dates) In the table below, we have summarized the Iranian dates properties and the of Iranian dates nutrition.
|Iranian Dates Nutrition per 100g|
|Dry (Semi Fresh)||Fresh|
|Read more: Date Seeds Benefits|
Iranian dates production
- The total area under cultivation of Iranian dates is over 250,000 hectares.2. The total harvest of Iranian dates is 1,000,000 tons.3. Iran’s share of the world’s date palm cultivation is 1%. First Place4- Iran’s share of the world harvest date 57,15. Second place .5. Iran’s share of world dates is 5,21%.6. Iran’s production is 4 tons per hectare. In Egypt there are 26 tons per hectare.7. The agricultural sector’s share of exports is currently 5,13%.8- The share of date crop in agriculture is 14%.
- 15% of the country’s date production is from Sistan and Baluchestan and Khuzestan provinces. There are 15 provinces in total.
- Iran’s share of exports between 1995-1996 reached 36.5 percent of world exports and gradually declined.
- According to the opinion of agricultural experts 40% of date palms in the country have no economic value (poor fertility).
- Jiroft, Bam, Khuzestan, Sistan and Baluchestan, Bushehr, Hormozgan have 53% of the total area under cultivation and produce 3,2 dates of the country.
Chemical compounds of date fruit: In general, dates contain 25% sucrose, 50% glucose, and albumin, pectin, and water. In addition, it contains various vitamins such as vitamins A, B, C, E and some minerals. (In different types of dates, some cases are more and some are less).
Important points about date in Iran:
The main dates producing provinces in Iran:
A: Kerman Province (Jiroft, Bam, Kohnuj, Kerman) Khuzestan, Sistan and Baluchestan, Bushehr and Hormozgan have 53% of the total area under cultivation and 3,2% of the country’s total production.
B: Provinces of Isfahan, Ilam, Fars, Khorasan, Semnan, Yazd, Kermanshah and other provinces have 47% of total cultivated area and 3.1% of total date production in the country.
Iran’s strategic position.
- One advantage of date palm cultivation is that its cultivation conditions are limited worldwide
- Iran has a privileged position in the world due to the suitable climate for cultivation of this product.
- Iran’s share in terms of area under cultivation, production and export (first and second place) is an extraordinary opportunity.
- The potential for increased area under cultivation and increased productivity at the level and rate of production is favorable.
Ups and downs of production and export of Dates Fruit in Iran:
- Before the imposed war (1979), Iran exported 54,000 tons of dates per year.
- Exports reached 550 tons by the beginning of the imposed war (1979).
- During the imposed war (8 years on average 15,000 tons of Iranian date exports)
- Iraq was the most important exporter of dates in the world before the sanctions (up to 80% of world date exports)
- Iraq’s imposition of sanctions and war have reduced exports of Iraqi dates, which have been seized by Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Iran.
- Iran’s export share has grown up to 50% of the world’s total exports, with the encouraging policies and opportunities created (Iraq’s boycott1992.)
- In 1995, due to the deterrent policies (foreign exchange pact and exchange rate stabilization), Iran’s date exports were challenged and exports were reduced each year, as compared to FAO’s report of Iran’s 50% share in exports in 2001 to 6,13% of production. decreased .
- Under these circumstances, the United Arab Emirates accounted for 29%, Tunisia 7,41%, and the United States 23%.
- In Iran during these years due to 1- lack of hygiene standards 2- lack of proper investment in packaging industry 3- failure to comply with national and international standards 4- lack of knowledge of exporters in new ways 5- adherence to markets Traditional and. . . The price of Iranian dates was down 24 cents per kilo.
- On the other hand, a change in world decisions and actions of EU member states by creating discriminatory tariff barriers between imports of non-member countries (Iran is a non-member) for (7.7% tariff and non-member countries) The tariff of 12% has thus undermined Iran’s competitiveness, which has been very effective.
- The main obstacles and problems of Iran dates 1- Global export market conditions 2- The desires and tastes of these markets 3- Disadvantage and preservation of existing world markets 4- Existing potential in Asian countries for import of Iranian dates 5- Specific health rules World Day for the Production and Export of Dates …
Manufacturing cities in the province
- Bam city
- Jiroft city
- Kohnouj city
- Manojan city
- Ghale Ganj
- Islamabad city
- Orzouieh city (Baft)
- Anbarabad city
- Fahraj city
- Narmashir city
Area under cultivation and cultivated varieties in the province
- The total area under cultivation in Kerman province is 268413
- The share of the area under cultivation of horticultural products in the province is 11/12%
- Annual production of 341860 tons
- The most important commercial varieties in the iran: 1- Kimia Dates (another name is bam mazafati dates) in Kerman province 2- Zahidi dates and Piarom dates in Hormozgan 3- The Sayer dates in Khuzestan.
- $96 million worth of Iran Date Exports (2010)
Import Dates From Iran
Import dates from iran: Dates are imported from Iran at high tonnage each year. One of the world’s largest date producers is Iran. Iran has unique date for export to different countries.
Dates importing countries buy a lot of dates from Iran every year. The reason for the attractiveness of Iranian dates is high quality, reasonable price and different packaging.
How to Import Iranian dates?
- To import dates from iran, you must find a suitable seller in Iran.
- Talk to the seller about the quality of the date and its packaging.
- Ask the seller to send photos and videos of their product.
- If you can, send a representative to match the quality of the product with photos and videos
- Talk to the seller about the place of delivery of the product.
- Talk to the seller about payment methods.
- After reaching an agreement with the seller, enter the dates.
You can see the list of some dates suppliers from this list …
(import dates to india – import dates from iran to india – import dates from dubai to india – import dates to pakistan)
Export Iranian Dates Fruit
Export Dates From Iran
In the world rankings of dates exports, Iranian dates is the third largest export date in the world with date exports of over 400,000 tons.
According to Iran Customs statistics, the most important export dates fruit for Iran date are: Emirates / Pakistan / Russia / Turkey / India
Out of the top countries, date exports to the UAE accounted for 17% of total date exports, followed by date exports to Pakistan with 11% and date exports to Russia with 9% in third place. The biggest customers are Iran date.
Question About Iranian Dates Fruit
What is the most expensive datefruit in Iran?
Piarom Date Is most expensive date in iran
Are Iranian dates safe to eat?
Yes, exactly! Iranian dates are planted, harvested and packaged with quality.
How many dates types are there in Iran?
There are more than 50 types of dates in Iran. Some are dry and some are fresh!
What are the Iranian dates types ?
1-Mazafati (Rotab-Rutab OR Kimia)
What are the iranian dry dates?
Piarom, Rabbi, Zahedi and …
What is the best of iranian dates?
It depends on your taste, but Piarom dates are one of the best types of dates in Iran.
People Also Ask
Are Persian dates good for you?
Dates are high in potassium, which is an electrolyte the body needs for good heart health. Potassium also helps to build muscle and proteins in the body. Great for substitutions. (source: medicalnewstoday.com)
What are Iranian dates called?
The most common and popular types of date in Iran such as mazafati, zahedi, piyarom, and kabkab were introduced. Also, the popular kinds of date-based products such as date-pilaf, egg-date, and date-pastry were documented. Additionally, the cultural and social aspects of these foods were considered. (source: sciencedirect.com)
Do Persians like dates?
The date is the one thing you can find in every southern Iranian house. They use it in many different ways. They bake a special kind of bread out of it, they also make desserts such as Ranginak or Halva with dates. (source: persianfoodtours.com)
How do Iranians eat their dates?
Dates are classified as a laxative food. This is why dates are consumed by people suffering from constipation. In order to achieve laxative effect of dates, you should soak them in water over night. Then, eat the soaked dates in the morning to gain the most optimal results. (source: origiran.com)
|The best site articles!|
|side effects of dates in pregnancy||side effects of dates||dates benefits for skin|
|dates benefits for hair||date syrup benefits||can diabetics eat dates|
|benefits of dates||date allergy||dates seed|
|date fruit||date syrup||persian dates|